From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-14 02:30:20

I was discussing with Michael Stevens about organising a uBLAS
developers meeting. And thus we decided to ask the community if
1) there would be any interest,
2) which topics people would like to discuss
3) what format would best fit,
4) and finally where and when.

As for the topics (item 2), I think following list are certainly candidates:
Evaluation of the design of uBLAS and discussion of future design
Evaluation of the efficieny of uBLAS
Syntax and ET engine
Evaluation of the documentation and how to go from there.
Restating the main goals of uBLAS
Organisation of ublas project.
overview of applications using uBLAS.

As for the format I think most important are having intense discussions
on the topics above. Presentations (by volunteers) could serve to
initiate the dicussion on specific topics.

Where and when to organise it probably depends on the interest from the
developers. It seems like many active ublas-dev members are at most a
few 100km from Cologne (Germany) so getting this group together could be
easy in a small timeframe. But it is probably easier to discuss the
'where and when' once we have more information about 'who' would like to
attend.

toon