From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-28 06:52:05

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>> For one, args_ext.pyd was built in args_ext.pyd directory and xml
>>> result file with failure was written in args_ext.pyf/... directory.

I don't think there's anything in the build process that should make
an extension of .pyf

>>> It is not clear to me what happens in Boost.Python build next.
>>>
>>> At this point I would appreciate if somebody clarified to me how
>>> Boost.Python build works, so I can figure out how to handle it in
>>> process_jam_log.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't remember :(
>>
>> I'll try to do an analysis later today. Thanks for looking at
>> this.
>
> Dave, did you have a chance to look at it?

I'm not sure if this is the info Misha needs, but: The embedding test
is essentially just a normal test that builds and runs an application.
All of the other tests have two parts: building one or more shared
libraries (the pyd files are just dlls with a different extension),
and running the Python application to test them. The .run file
contains the output of invoking Python, and if the result code is
zero, the .test file gets created to mark the test as having
succeeded.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting