From: Misha Bergal (mbergal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-03 19:56:59

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I don't think there's anything in the build process that should make
> an extension of .pyf

>>> Sorry, I don't remember :(
>>>
>>> I'll try to do an analysis later today. Thanks for looking at
>>> this.
>>
>> Dave, did you have a chance to look at it?
>
> I'm not sure if this is the info Misha needs, but: The embedding test
> is essentially just a normal test that builds and runs an application.
> All of the other tests have two parts: building one or more shared
> libraries (the pyd files are just dlls with a different extension),
> and running the Python application to test them. The .run file
> contains the output of invoking Python, and if the result code is
> zero, the .test file gets created to mark the test as having
> succeeded.

Thanks for info. I've made a patch to bjam (make1.c) which seems to
help (see results for const_argument at http://tinyurl.com/6uw2m). I
am not an expert on Boost.Build, so I am not sure that what I did was
the best way to deal with the problem. I will post the patch to
boost.build mailing list, to get some expert feedback on this.

--
Misha Bergal
MetaCommunications Engineering