From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-01 11:41:19

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
>> Stefan Slapeta wrote:
>>> Btw, did you realize that all the lines of your source files end
>>> with "\r\r\n" in cvs?
>>
>> I looked at a 8 randomly selected files with a hex editor and don't
>> see any problems. My text editors generally warn about inconsistent
>> line-endings. If you point out the corrupted files, I'll fix them
>> ASAP.
>
> http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/inspection_report.html#iostreams

Thanks. The last time I had looked, threre was no inspection data for iostreams.

Oddly, when I would run cvs update, my local copies of the files in question
didn't have inconsisten line endings. I conjectured that using cygwin cvs with
files having windows line endings might be causing the problem, so I converted
everything to unix and it seems to be fixed.

Is this a known phenomenon?

Jonathan