From: Iain Hanson (Iain.Hanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-01 13:32:14

Hi,
On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 14:09 +0000, Jarl Lindrud wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've searched this list a bit and found a few mentions of rpc's (Remote
> Procedure Call), but nothing concrete.
>
> I've written a library for doing portable C++ RPC's, which can be downloaded at
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/threads/RMI_For_Cpp.asp
>
> Is there any interest in Boost for something like this, and if so in what
> directions do you all think it should be developed?

Nice idea. Unfortunately RPC's ( including Java RMI ) don't scale. Thats
why CORBA and J2EE were created. Simple RPC mechanisms like this
inevitably end up being extended piece by piece until you have
reproduced most of the CORBA functionality. Therefore IMHO I don't think
it is a good idea for boost.

/ikh