From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-02 21:39:20

Jason Hise wrote:
> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> Also, I should ask what the policy is on testing classes that use a
> policy based design. How many different combinations of policies are
> expected to be tested?

There is no policy that I know of. However, it's a good idea to test as many
combinations as possible. I've written a Jamfile for policy_ptr which allows you
to specify that a test will be run for a given list of policies. It could be
modified for singleton so it would look something like this:

     CRETATION_TEST = policy1/policy3 policy5/policy2/policy3 policy6/policy9 ;

      test-suite "singleton"
      : [ singleton-run creation_test : $(CRETATION_TEST ) ]
      ;

This would run the test createion_test.cpp once for each of the three
combinations of policies in the list.

I'll send it to you if you like.

Jonathan