From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-02 21:52:05

Victor A. Wagner Jr. <vawjr <at> rudbek.com> writes:

> At Saturday 2005-04-02 16:57, you wrote:
> >"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr <at> rudbek.com> writes:
> >
> > > the reason for the branch is to that those developers who need to work on
> > > stuff NOT related to the release have someplace to put their "commits".
> >
> >In that case you and Doug have different things in mind.
>
> I didn't see anything that Doug said that disagrees.
> he hasn't said anything about people working on stuff other than the release

Doug said that the branch could happen at the point of release, and it would
contain the release. You are suggesting that the branch happen before release,
and that the release would not be on a branch. The only way to resolve these
two ideas is to branch twice, and I haven't heard anyone suggest that one
yet.

-Dave