From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 16:14:59

Which is the whole point from a library perspective. Relying on awk (or any
other external tool) to write C++ isn't so bad, but relying on it to compile C++
is unacceptable.

> There are plenty of text manipulation tools outside C++ that
> offer what could be done with the C++ preprocessor with
> programming paradigms that I consider unworthy of learning.

Frankly, without knowing them, you aren't in a position for your opinion to be
worth anything. You're a smart guy, Andrei, so the learning curve shouldn't be
too difficult for you. Why don't you learn those paradigms and then decide
whether they are "worthy" instead of making blanket statements based on nothing?

Regards,
Paul Mensonides