From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-14 05:06:19

> Now wait a minute. If you download and build GCC from source, you
> pretty much have to install it with a nonstandard prefix or your
> system will get messed up, and I do that all the time. You don't need
> to do anything about #include paths, but the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and,
> possibly -L, do need to be set differently.

Right, but that's only an issue with the new build script if gcc is
installed in a user-defined location, and ICU is in the same location. In
this case the build script will needlessly add the "std" include and lib
paths to the command line, which as previously noted may mess up wrapper
headers and the like. I don't know how to fix that easily at present, what
does Boost.Python do, it has a similar problem - ah I see, python
headers/binaries never end up in the std locations anyway is that right?

John.