From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-02 11:39:07

Gianluca Spm wrote:
> Sorry :-(,
>
> but I think that's not the problem, I have trimmed
> away all options leaving only
>
> bjam -sTOOLS=gcc --with-serialisation
>
> and Bjam continues stopping. Now if I want to
> to rebuild a library already built I have to
> perform the clean install from scratch of ALL libraries deleting
> the bins, libs and included generated by the previous
> installation.

First, it's always good to mention what versions you are using/referring
to. What's the bjam version? Where's the bjam executable from?
(compiled, or downloaded) What's the version of Boost? And where did you
get the Boost sources from?

Second, it all seems to work for me with the latest bjam and Boost (all
from CVS). Specifically I tried, starting from a clean slate:

a) bjam -sTOOLS=vc-7_1 --builddir=C:\Boost\test --with-serialization

Works; Builds the serialization libs.

b) bjam -a -q -d2 -sTOOLS=vc-7_1 --builddir=C:\Boost\test
--with-serialization

Works; Builds the serialization libs, and prints out the commands that
is used to build. Even though it already built them.

c) bjam -qad2 -sTOOLS=vc-7_1 --builddir=C:\Boost\test --with-serialization

Works; Same as (b).

And third, are you really using "serialisation" instead of
"serialization"? (note the "s" vs. "z") That discrepancy might explain
your observed behavior.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything