From: Andrey Melnikov (melnikov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-07 11:15:20

Rob Stewart wrote:
> We strongly recommend that you download a prebuilt bjam
> executable for your platform. If your platform isn't in the
> following list, or if you downloaded the latest Boost sources
> from CVS instead of getting an official release,
> <a>installation guide</a> describes how to build bjam for
> yourself.
>
> - <a>Windows</a>
> - <a>Linux</a>
> - <a>FreeBSD</a>
> - <a>Solaris</a>
> - <a>Mac OS</a>
>
> (I'd leave the rest of the details to <a>installation guide</a>.)

Much better.

My notes:

The binaries will work only with the same Boost version. It's possible
that Boost 1.32 will fail to compile with Bjam from later versions.

So here is the next version:

If you downloaded Boost 1.33 release, download a prebuilt bjam
executable for your platform.

    - <a>Windows</a>
    - <a>Linux</a>
    - <a>FreeBSD</a>
    - <a>Solaris</a>
    - <a>Mac OS</a>

If you downloaded the latest Boost sources from CVS, or if your platform
isn't listed, <a>installation guide</a> describes how to build bjam
yourself.

Andrey