From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-05 08:49:18

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams writes:

>>> the former is the case.
>>
>> Does everybody think it's okay to release 1.33 docs with the false
>> promise that Boost.Range includes special null-terminated string
>> support? That seems very wrong to me, and so avoidable!
>
> Seems very wrong to me as well, especially since the fix could be as
> easy as including a prominent one-sentence warning on the library's
> main page.

I'm a little confused now. According to what Thorsten wrote above,
the code has changed so that null-terminated strings no longer get
special treatment. However, according to what he wrote to me in
private email, making the suggested change to the docs would make them
inconsistent with the code. So I think he must've been confused
above. IIUC he is planning to put a deprecation warning in the docs
for 1.33.0 so that in 1.34.0 we can change the behavior.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting