From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-05 09:09:11

Anthony Williams <anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "Bronek Kozicki" <brok_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost/libs/parameter
>>
>> I noticed funny character "<span class="doublesize">⋮</span>" on this
>> page, just below "core::depth_first_search(dfs_params()(a0,a1));". It's
>> in few other places, too.
>
> This is Unicode character 0x22ee, which is 3 dots on top of each other, the
> vertical ellipsis. I guess it's included directly because there isn't a
> standard entity name for it.
>
> BTW, Dave, it's probably worth running Tidy over the HTML, since it picks up a
> few things, such as nested <a> tags, and id's that clash with name's
> (e.g. table-of-contents is both an id on a DIV, and a name on an A tag, which
> is not allowed)

Nothing I can do about it other than try to fix docutils, and every
time I've reported that tidy complains about something docutils
generates the docutils people have told me that tidy is wrong. So, I
don't want to seem uncooperative or like I don't care about validity,
but I hope you'll understand when I say "be my guest and report the
problems to docutils if you think you know the HTML rules well
enough." I sure don't.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting