From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-31 12:48:14

John Maddock schrieb:

>One thing I'm still very clear on: if this change is made we need a big bold
>statement to that effect in the docs, it's bound to bite somebody,
>particularly those folks who run automated tests.

I do not believe that removing the entire try catch all will be
noticeable from
outside! But perhaps I am caught by a fundamental misconception about
exceptions and threads.
The only thing it changes is behaviour from platform dependant to library
defined. Which for the most part will result in the same.

To be honest, I did not try out yet what really happens on the various
platforms
when an exception escapes from a thread.
However I rather would suggest somethin along the lines:

try {
    // init platform thread
    thereadfunc();
}
catch (...) {
    _uncaught_handler();
}

But perhaps this is already the standard behaviour, altough I hardly
can believe that this has anything to do with ISO, as threading is not
currently covered at all.

Regards,
Roland