From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-15 00:59:12

Christopher Currie wrote:
> It is rumored that Joel de Guzman uttered the following:
>
>>Jaakko and I are collaborating and it will
>>be the basis of the LL/Phoenix merger. This should happen very
>>soon now as things are progressing very quickly thanks to some
>>help from Daniel Wallin and Dan Marsden.
>

> This being the case, is there any point to any incremental work on BLL
> as it currently exists? I was talking with Gary Powell offline, and he'd
> said at some point there had been a desire to see BLL leverage more of
> MPL in its implementation, and I'd thought about taking some time to see
> if I could help in that direction. It doesn't make much sense, though,
> if P-2 is the Wave of the future.

Of course, Jaakko will have the final say on this. In any case,
as far as Phoenix-2 is concerned, we're already very close to
release as the remaining bits and pieces fall into place,
thanks to Dan Marsden who did most of the final chores.
Phoenix-2 already (heavily) leverages MPL and its half-runtime
counterpart fusion.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman