From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-18 11:33:26

Here's Jaakko's reply:

On Sep 15, 2005, at 12:59 AM, Joel de Guzman wrote:

> Christopher Currie wrote:
>
>> It is rumored that Joel de Guzman uttered the following:
>>
>>> Jaakko and I are collaborating and it will
>>> be the basis of the LL/Phoenix merger. This should happen very
>>> soon now as things are progressing very quickly thanks to some
>>> help from Daniel Wallin and Dan Marsden.
>>
>> This being the case, is there any point to any incremental work on
BLL as it currently exists? I was talking with Gary Powell offline, and
he'd said at some point there had been a desire to see BLL leverage more
of MPL in its implementation, and I'd thought about taking some time to
see if I could help in that direction. It doesn't make much sense,
though, if P-2 is the Wave of the future.

> Of course, Jaakko will have the final say on this. In any case,
> as far as Phoenix-2 is concerned, we're already very close to
> release as the remaining bits and pieces fall into place,
> thanks to Dan Marsden who did most of the final chores.
> Phoenix-2 already (heavily) leverages MPL and its half-runtime
> counterpart fusion.

Phx/LL merger means that the current lambda code base will largely be
replaced by new code in the
Boost distribution. So no, I wouldn't spend too much time on cleaning
the current code up.

   Best, Jaakko