From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-07 15:08:02

Rob Stewart <stewart_at_[hidden]> writes:

> From: David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>

>> > Perhaps I've helped you to see that some of the points you
>> > mentioned are useful for the business and technology oriented
>> > visitor and others are only of interest to the latter. Thus,
>> > some separation is warranted.
>>
>> No, you haven't. The people I talked to were all tech people; this
>> was the information they wanted. Empirical evidence like that carries
>> a lot of weight with me.
>
> I haven't argued giving such people the information they need!

It sounded like you were arguing for separating the information I was
describing into two batches, one of which includes all the stuff that
"non-technical" people want to read, and the other of which includes
the rest. I simply oppose distributing the basic information needed
by "technical" people across multiple pages. I think I might also
object to having information for "non-technical" people on the front
page, to the exclusion of information for everyone else. If moving
any of this off the front page is appropriate, it should probably all
go under an "About" link.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting