From: Cory Nelson (phrosty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-02 01:02:59

On 11/1/05, Scott Woods <scottw_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]

In the presentation he gave reasons for needing to have the future<>
and call wait() etc. In the end it seems to boil down to having a
point to reliably catch exceptions and other errors.

But he also mentioned clearly that it's just a concept they've been
toying with and that they have no strong commitment to it.