From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-04 10:26:07

On 11/4/05, Victor A. Wagner Jr. <vawjr_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> At 22:40 2005-11-03, Abajyan, Hambardzum wrote:

>I would like to now why there isn't an implementation of TCP(UDP)
> >Sockets ?

A very good one (ASIO) is in the review queue, so sit tight!

I like the approach these guys are taking: http://www.dtilib.dk/
> that actually would be 3 libraries, but I like them all.

This project includes a C++ socket library, a library for doing async I/O
operations with IOStreams and another for database access. The designs
appear to be clean and simple.

The socket library doesn't seem to support non-blocking sockets or any sort
of I/O multiplexing on its own, so it is not nearly as complete as ASIO. As
far as sockets are concerned, layering on asynchronous operations at the
IOStreams level is a mistake IMHO. These concepts need to be supported at
the lowest levels of the library because some applications require them.

Looking forward to the ASIO review,

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com