From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-04 21:38:05

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> Do the responsibilities of this group only involve editing, or is this also
> to help authors with the technical aspects of writing docs?
>
>>From my experience, the Boost-recommended way of writing documentation
> (quickbook) is far from trivial. Too much time is spent trying to properly
> set it up -- too many tools are involved. It would be _extremely_ nice if
> somebody could collect all the necessary pieces of information, related to
> bjam, Boost.Build, quickbook, Boost.Book, Docbook, etc., and put it all
> together in one document, something like "Writing the Boost documentation
> for Dummiest".

I always clamored for a tool that one can use straight out of the box.
Rene Rivera started an installer for quickbook. It would be awesome
if someone can pick up on it and package it with something like
Arkadiy is suggesting.

> No, I am not volonteering :)

No, I can't volunteer here too. I'm already swamped. I'd be very
willing to help anyone who's willing.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman