From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-24 18:11:25

Hallo, everybody.
As you probably know Borland released their new C++ product, BCB 2006,
right after Boost 1.33.1 came out. As a result users of this product are
faced with a longish period of time without a version of Boost that
supports it.

Moreover, given that standard compliance doesn't seem to have increased
all that much with the new compiler it remains to be seen how many of
the libraries that currently are compatible with Borland compilers will
continue to be as they evolve.

As a stopgap measure I created the bcbboost project in SourceForge to
collect patches against Boost 1.33.1 that make it possible to use Boost
with BCB 2006. Right now there's only the minimum necessary to build the
libraries to the same level as BCB6. I kind of hope that some of those
interested will rather join forces than repeat the same steps over and
over each on their own.

I also hope to submit to Boost any newly discovered fix that is
applicable to the main development line.

For those interested: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bcbboost

Comments, suggestions and bug reports are obviously welcome. Help is
even more welcome :-)

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti