From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-29 10:42:42

"Daniel Wallin" <dalwan01_at_[hidden]> wrote

> Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> >
> > I can't see a column for one of these compilers even in the full
regression
> > view... Does anyone still care to support them?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Does anyone care if typeof supports these compilers?
>
> And yes. IIUC typeof uses a bug-feature on those compilers that makes
> the implementation trivial, is that correct? In that case, IMO, there's
> little reason not to support them.

I didn't mean to drop this. The bugfeature is also applied to vc-7_1, which
makes it relevant even without tools mentioned. My question was actually
caused by some code in LVALUE_TYPEOF that needs to use ifdefs based on
whether or not partial template specialization is supported, and whether or
not a function can return a reference to array. I lately run into a problem
with gcc 4.0.2, that doesn't seem to like the workaround we used (returning
pointer to array), so I was looking to somehow reduce the number of ifdefs
to a manageble amount.

Also, if the regression tests no longer run for these tools, how can one
guarantee the support? Or is this temporary, and these tools are going to
re-appear in the regression tables?

Regards,
Arkadiy