From: pongba (pongba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-31 09:44:15

Stefan Roiser <stefan.roiser <at> cern.ch> writes:

> On 30 Jan 2006, at 23:55, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
> > Stefan Roiser wrote:
> >

> >> Reflex code for this would look something like
> >>
> >> Type t = Type::ByName("foo");
> >> Object instance = t.Construct();
> >
> > That clearly only works if 'foo' has a default constructor, right ?

Just so you know, I'm strongly wondering if you could implement a serialization
library(e.g. boost::serialization) using Reflex. No doubt it should have that
capability. Not only would this be a good example that illustrates the power of
your framework, it would contribute a much-easier-to-use serialization library
as well, considering that boost::serialization is a little inconvenient to use.

Regards.