From: Stefan Roiser (stefan.roiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-01 03:46:52

On 31 Jan 2006, at 15:44, pongba wrote:

> Stefan Roiser <stefan.roiser <at> cern.ch> writes:

>>> That clearly only works if 'foo' has a default constructor, right ?
>
> Just so you know, I'm strongly wondering if you could implement a
> serialization
> library(e.g. boost::serialization) using Reflex. No doubt it should
> have that
> capability. Not only would this be a good example that illustrates
> the power of
> your framework, it would contribute a much-easier-to-use
> serialization library
> as well, considering that boost::serialization is a little
> inconvenient to use.

I will be very happy if boost::serialization shows interest in Reflex.

But in fact such projects already exist at CERN :-)

- The POOL project does persistence of C++ objects and uses Reflex
for this purpose. You may have a look at http://pool.cern.ch/ for
details.

- The ROOT project, among other things, also does persistence of C++
objects. We are currently working on changing the underlying
reflection system for ROOT to switch to Reflex. More infos at http://
root.cern.ch

--
Stefan Roiser