From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-24 12:27:19

----- Mensaje original -----
De: David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Viernes, Febrero 24, 2006 5:38 pm
Asunto: [boost] [serialization] [multi_index][cw-8_3] help request
forregressions in CW 8.3 Windows

> Joaquín Mª López Muñoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Excuse my insistence, but I have no other way to try to fix current
> > regressions in Boost.MultiIndex but to ask for external support. So
> > I'm reposting my plea for help:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Most current tests for Boost.MultiIndex under CW 8.3 in Windows
> > fail at run time with the following:
> >
> > Running 1 test case...
> > unknown location(0): fatal error in "test_main_caller( argc,
> argv )":
> > unknown type
> >
> > *** 1 failure detected in test suite "Test Program"
> >
> > EXIT STATUS: 201
> >
> > (see for instance http://tinyurl.com/fqarz), compilation and
> building> having gone fine. As this is giving very little info,
> I'd be grateful if
> >
> > someone with local access to CW 8.3 Windows (it is likely that
> > Mac will also do) volunteer to do some exploration of the
> > problem. If you are such volunteer, please contact me privately.
>
> I tried it; I'm mostly seeing this:
>
> cw.compile.c++ ..\..\..\bin.v2\libs\serialization\build\cw-
> 8.3\debug\basic_serializer_map.obj ### mwcc Compiler:
> # In: ..\..\..\boost\archive\detail\basic_serializer_map.hpp
> # From: ..\..\serialization\src\basic_serializer_map.cpp
> # ---------------------------------------------------------
> # 56: };
> # Error: ^
> # using implicit copy assigment for class with const or
> reference member ('boost::archive::detail::basic_serializer_map')
>
> Errors caused tool to abort.
>
> which is a problem in serialization. Aside from that all the tests
> are passing for me with cw-8.

Do you mean that multi_index/test_basic, for instance, passes?
What could be then the reason for the discrepancy with
http://tinyurl.com/fqarz? Are there maybe upgrades
to the CW 8.3 compiler and your version differs from that of
metacomm?

Thanks for your input,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo