From: Jan Hermelink (Jan.Hermelink_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-24 12:50:55

> PS: I'd like to hear from programmers using wide character file names.
Are
> they working OK? Are they meeting your needs?
I use the wide character names for about three months with VC8 and after
applying a similar patch like Mark I'm very satisfied with the library!
Thank you.

Three items doesn't meet my needs:

As already reported in
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/128277,
narrow_path() doesn't work if short filename generation is disabled. As
a workaround I have fstream.hpp patched for using the non-standard wide
char fstream constructors in VC8 (Dinkumware library). Indeed this works
for VC8 only...

I would like to see a what() method in basic_filesystem_error. Ok, I
have seen the free function what() but what it's the rationale not
including it in the exception object?

The documentation is yet incomplete (for instance the convenience
functions are not documented I think).

Jan