From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-29 13:53:09

Keith MacDonald wrote:
> I'd be grateful for an elegant C++ wrapper to the ICU library
> (http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/index.jsp). A lot of
> resources go into developing and maintaining ICU, and it has an unrestricted
> license, so why try to compete with it?

http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=243

A code analysis tool recently run on the Firebird code base turned up
lots of bugs -- in ICU. Doesn't mean a wrapper wouldn't have value, but
it also might not be practical. I don't know.

FWIW, I have the interest and the ability to write Boost.Unicode. What I
lack is time. Anybody with a vested interest in C++ and Unicode should
consider hiring Boost Consulting. *nudge, nudge* :-)

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting