From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-31 09:30:15

Thorsten Ottosen <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> writes:

> If we have some kind of estimate
> of how expensive it would be to develop the library, it might turn out
> that 100-200 willing companies would be enough fully fund the initial
> development.
>
> The website could show then show a bar indicating how close to
> funding we where.
>
> Any thoughts?

Boost.org is not going to get into this area, at least not without
undergoing a total transformation of the way we operate. There are
just too many problems here, such as how to manage the funds and how
to choose who they're given to, not to mention the fact that Boost
then would have to become an organization with some legal standing.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting