From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-30 16:09:36

For the past month or so I've been working on a concurrency library which
brings active types, atomic types, and parallel loop constructs and
algorithms to C++. I am familiar with some of the concurrency projects
already underway, though I'm sure my library would be able to coexist.
I plan on proposing through SoC sometime later this week.

Over the past two days I've also begun writing up some documentation using
QuickBook to give a general idea as to the design of the
library. Though I do have a lot of features already implemented, there
is still a very large amount of work to be done prior to completion.
Some feedback before I make the formal
proposal would be nice, and it'd also be great to see if anyone is
interested. Keep in mind that the documentation is only a rough outing and
so there are a few unconnected links, but I do include a brief introduction
and some basic usage examples including code snippets. The library is
reference to as Surge.Act as that is the namespace I use for my personal
libraries, though it will of course be changed to Boost.Act if it were to be
accepted.

http://members.gamedev.net/Rivorus/surge/html/index.html

For those familiar with the concept of futures and are confused as to why
they are not mentioned, I will be adding all of that information to the
rationale over the upcoming few days. I also apologize for not having better
code examples.

--
-Matt Calabrese