From: Valentin Samko (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-01 08:39:42

Hello Matt,

Take a look at
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/c++mm/atomics.h.txt
and at
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/c++mm/
in general before you start. The first page describes the atomic
library interface which we discussed in April at the Berlin meeting.

A stable implementation of the proposed API would definitely be useful
although this API may change later. I am also not sure how much can be
achieved until compilers support the proposed memory model.

Valentin