From: Carlo Wood (carlo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-30 20:19:25

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 10:56:27AM -0700, Jeff Garland wrote:
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Google_Summer_Of_Code_2006#VOLATILE
>
> Hi Carlo -
>
> The project doesn't really need to be approved so much. The Wiki site is
> really just a list of project ideas. Students need to look at these ideas and
> put together a proposal based on the ideas to the mentors. Mentors will
> approve the projects. At some point Google will have the final descision on
> which projects they fund -- I'm still a little fuzzy myself on how that part
> of the process works...
>
> Jeff

Thanks for the reply Jeff.

When I heard about CoS, it was almost May 1st already. I usually work
alone (on open source projects) because can't seem to find experienced
people with enough time to participate in my projects. The most logical
thing to do would be to to be an organisation myself, but well - I'm
not, I guess. I tried to pick something that I needed that would fit
into Boost as well, so I could mentor under your umbrella, but I assumed
that whatever project that was, it should be something acceptable as
boost project (ie, make some chance to be included in boost in the future).
For example, I'd also be happy to mentor a student working on libecc
(some existing project of me, released under the QPL), but that simply
is NOT a boost project...

Now I have to find that url back where I can check my mentor status :/

--
Carlo Wood <carlo_at_[hidden]>