From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-02 13:30:40

Reece Dunn wrote:

> Something needs to be done, because BBv2 is choking when installing for
> msvc-7.1. Also, there is nothing (apart from BBv2 generating a duplicate
> target error ;)) stopping someone from saying:
>
> bjam --v2 install msvc-7.1 rtti=on,off
>
> I agree with what you are saying above about auto-link, testing, etc.,
> however the BBv2 toolset doesn't stop a user from doing this. How
> does BBv1 solve this with respect to wave/filesystem?

If I remember correctly it would only install the non-rtti version
regardless of what the user asked for. BBv2 doesn't do that it will
blindly try to build everything the user asks for and not fail
gracefully, by erroring and exiting instead of warning and not building.

> Can you install
> both rtti-on and rtti-off with BBv1?

Yes, but not for wave.

> If you can, this needs to be supported
> in V2.

Yes, and it's something I've brought up in the build list without any
resolution.

> I don't have any answers for this :(.

See my other post for the wave specific answer.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything