From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-27 03:28:53

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:11:21 +0400, Simon Atanasyan
<Simon.Atanasyan_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> The above patch will tie you to -library=stlport4 though.

Well, I didn't apply the patch, actually. I just took inspiration (so
to speak) from it, inferring what the problem was. The changes I've
made to the boost code shouldn't in themselves tie it to any library.

>Cstd is an old implementation. It does not conforms to standard.
>And it will never conforms because we (Sun) need to maintains
>binary compatibility with old releases. Stlport is closer to
>standard and contains some features necessary for Boost.

Hi Simon, nice to hear from you directly :-) It would be great if you
could join us or, if you just can't, to inform us of any patch you
might release against boost sources. It happens sometimes that those
who have access to the compiler (and thus likely know about your blog)
are too busy to deal with boost regressions and vice versa. In both
cases, I guess collaboration will help everyone here, so please
consider this an explicit invitation :-)

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]