From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-08 07:19:30

Simon Atanasyan wrote:
> John Maddock wrote:
>> includes the Boost.TR1 version of <memory> which forwards on the real
>> version as well as including it's own extra parts. However, for some
>> reason the Boost versions of these headers appear not to be being
>> picked up.
>
> The root of this problem is a surprise for me. Actually to include
> <memory> Sun C++ searches file named memory.SUNWCCh. This file is a
> symbolic link to "memory". Please don't ask me to explain the
> rationale of this "feature" :-) So you can create symbolic links in
> the tr1
> folder like memory.SUNWCCh -> memory. It should help. Meanwhile, I
> will try to persuade my co-workers to implement command line option
> to turn off this feature.

It turns out this is harder for us to fix than I imagined: up until now we
have had a prohibition on symbolic links in cvs for the obvious portability
reasons. We also require all_lower_case filenames for the same reason. I
note that STLport seems to get around this without resorting to these names,
but I can't see how, any ideas? Or is this a recent compiler feature?

Thanks again, John.