From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-22 06:34:36

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> can cause system <memory> to be preferred to TR1's <memory>. Could it
> be
> that the problem is somewhat more contrived?

Apologies I should have mailed you an update about this: while I have seen
issues like that in testing that were caused by include path ordering
problems, in this case Simon Atanasyan has already come to the rescue and
the issue does appear to be fixed in cvs.

I don't remember the exact circumstances where I had a header ordering
problem now, but I think it was to do with gcc's #include_next not finding
what it needed to if the paths were in the wrong order. Certainly during
early testing of the lib, most unexplained problems were caused by ordering
problems, but since diagnosing the exact cause requires detailed examination
of megabytes worth of preprocessed output, I didn't attempt it unless there
was really no other way!

For now this appears to be a non-issue for bbv2 then: but, I note that in
most of the toolsets being tested it just so happens "by chance" that the
includes are in the right order (they appear to be sorted by name????), the
sunpro toolset was a noteable exception, hence my suspision in this case.

Hopefully that clarifies where we are now,

Many thanks, John.