From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-06 07:36:47

On 10/6/06, shams <shams_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I know some interesting libraries have cropped up from SOC
> into the boost vault. See http://code.google.com/soc/boost/about.html
>
> What is the status of these libraries in terms of submissions, reviews
> etc.
>
> Why don't they show up in the sandbox?
>
> I am mostly interested in:
> * boost.process
> * boost.tree

Boost.Process is still progressing, albeit slowly. I published a 0.1
version when SoC finished and uploaded it to the sandbox, but a lot of
changes have gone into the SVN tree since then. (Well, strictly
speaking, it was untouched for around a month and I've got back to
hacking it only a week ago... but some university-related projects are
interfering.)

You should be able to use 0.1 in your projects already, and maybe try
your hands on the code in the repository (but don't count on it
working regularly). It might not be the cleanest API (it certainly is
not, yet), but it currently works in several platforms ;-)

There is still a bunch of work to do (see the "pending.qbk" file in
the library's "doc" subdirectory) before it can be presented for
revision. (FYI I'm now investigating a much-delayed item: the
integration with Boost.Asio).

Kind regards,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/