From: Marcus Lindblom (macke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-08 07:28:56

Dave Harris wrote:
> macke_at_[hidden] (Marcus Lindblom) wrote (abridged):
>> So, we need to support three different styles of access, at least, to
>> make everyone happy?
>>
>> - vec[0]
>> - vec.x
>> - vec[_x]
>
> I won't be happy if vec.x is supported, no matter how many other styles of
> access we add. A class like this should not expose its representation so
> directly.

Ok. I, OTOH, really likes that kind of notation, since I write a lot of
GLSL as well.

The point I'm trying to make is that there is as almost much opinion on
member-access on vectors as there are on code indent size. So, whatever
we make ought to support everything, if we want it to be acceptable to a
large audience?

Perhaps we can make it so that you can decouple access style from the
general algorithms? We might need that anyway, if we want to support
things like rgba, stqr, etc, for the small 1-4 element vectors.

Cheers,
/Marcus