From: Juergen Hunold (hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-09 16:28:47

Hi Gennadiy !

On Thursday 09 November 2006 21:08, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> > Attached see version of class_properties_test.cpp that works both
> > with static and dynamic libs

Yes, because it uses the AUTO_TEST framework.
All other AUTO_TEST based tests in the whole boost work with static and
dynamic linked UTF.
That's not the deal :-((

My main problem is that I've got tests using the _old_ API (add test per
test_suite->add(new custom_test_suite).
And the Boost tests use them, too. See my patch to Volodya making them
explicitly link to the static UTF libraries...

And from all I've read I see no easy way of switching those
_transparently_ from static to dynamic linking and back.
By _tranparently_ I mean _without_ changing the sources (quite a lot)
and adding some macros...

Or I've still not understood the docs.
I'll think I'll simply try all possible combinations of makros and
test-frameworks and just create a test suite showing everything that
works and what will not work...

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57  ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH