From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-10 02:20:23

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>> It think the question is still reasonable. Can you have *static* library
>> called unit_test_framework_main that would contain the stock definition
>> of the 'main' function?
>
> I am not sure I understand: static version of the UTF does have function
> main() implementation included.

Yes, but I mean that it's possible to have:

    - UTF, that is build either as static lib or DLL and does *not*
      have any main function.
    - Small static library that contains stock definition of main.

So, when using UTF DLL, user must "just" link to an extra library, which
might be simpler than defining macroses. And importantly, Boost.Build V2
can make this transparent for all Boost.Test users inside Boost.

- Volodya