From: Matt Doyle (mdoyle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-10 16:59:21

> [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Rene Rivera
> Matt Doyle wrote:
> >> [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Thomas Witt

<snip>
> I.e. BB is independent of the Boost releases.
>
> > If it has to go
> > away, and I'm not saying for a moment that it shouldn't, v1
> should at
> > least be formally deprecated for one release cycle so as
> not to catch
> > the users off guard.
>
> BBv1 has been in deprecation status for more than 8 months
> now (I don't
> really remember that far back, so it may be even longer). And it will
> still be deprecated after the 1.34.0 release. It just won't
> be included
> with the release. If any one want to use it, it will still be
> available
> in CVS. The *big* caveats are that it is no longer supported
> (inside nor
> outside of Boost). And Boost libraries will no longer use it.

I know, it's been deprecated for some time now, I was referring in terms
of releases. A user who is not involved with the developers list is not
going to know what has transpired between releases and may get a
surprise when they upgrade.

        1.33 distributed,
        1.34 distributed & deprecated,
        1.35 gone (but available for DL)

Makes more sense, to me at least <shrug>

> So in a sense this is more like MFC, if you must insist on using
> Microsoft references ;-)

Sorry, I didn't realize my wording came off like it did until I saw it
in the reply. MS analogies don't belong here ;/

Scanned by McAfee GroupShield {X3BTB534}