From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-12 12:30:46

Nicola Musatti <Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Thomas Witt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please note that we are not going to ship boost.build v1 with 1.34.0.
>> The only supported build system will be v2. Please notify me of any
>> outstanding issues due to this.
>
> I too find this decision abrupt,

It's an old, old decision. Sorry you didn't hear about it before.

> mistimed

Why?

> and unfortunate.

Why?

> V2 still misses boost specific documentation (!!)

What do you mean by "boost specific documentation?"

> - the "Getting started" pages still refer to v1;

Fixing that now.

> as far as I know the local test reporting tools

What tools are those?

> have been broken without plans for replacement; V2 itself still
> appears not to be ready for release.

Neither is v1, nor has it ever been. BBv1 has never really tried to
be a Boost "product," but merely an internal tool. BBv2 strives to be
really usable outside of Boost, and is in that sense much closer to
being "ready for release" than v1.

> All this is going to delay 1.34 even further. :-(

Why do you think so?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting