From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-22 14:20:36

I saw this and that's what I was referring to. But I'm not sure whether
or not it does it.

Here is another case from the serialization library.

Some compilers don't support wide characters and I would to
detect this automatically rather than chasing down all the tool sets
on a continuing basis.

So the first thought would be to create test in config like:

test_wide_char_support which would fail if the proper define
isn't set.

then the tests which would depend on such support would
be invoked conditionally upon the SUCCESSFUL
completion of test_wide_char support. This is analogous
to the makefile behavior in that a program isn't linked if
compilation of any one of its components fails. (I realise
that the true dependency is on the existence of an updated
*.o file - but the result is the same.

As I read the link below - it doesn't seem to help here.

Robert Ramey