From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-22 21:28:29

Eric Niebler wrote:

> Ah, yes. I remember now. And I was going to implement a
> special matcher that was a trie for token literals, to reduce
> the need for so many alternates.
>
> Could you send me your code to integrate xpressive and Wave.
> It seems unlikely that I'd be able to do better than re2c
> with xpressive, but it might be interesting nonetheless.
>
> What would be nice is a DSEL that generates optimal DFA-based lexers.
> But given the sheer number of DFA states some lexers
> generate, I wonder if an expression template approach is even viable.

I've added the token_statistics sample to Wave (in the Boost CVS::HEAD)
containing a lexer based on Xpressive. The sample itself doesn't do anything
fancy yet, mainly because I stopped working on the functionality when I got
stuck with Xpressive. Additionally I added the test_xlex_lexer.cpp testapp
in the libs/wave/test/testlexers/ directory verifying the lexer in the
context of Wave.

Regards Hartmut