From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-23 11:26:20

Rene Rivera wrote:
>> - It seems it doesn't check the boostbook xml (otherwise it would be
>> looking for the legalnotice tag, wouldn't it?)
>
> Incorrect. Those legalnotice tags should contain the
> "boost[\\s\\W]+software[\\s\\W]+license" text and hence will be
> inspected. Hence why you example above is pertinent.

Ok, please have a look at:

http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost/libs/thread/doc/thread.xml

What if someone removes the <legalnotice> section in this file (or
rewords it to whatever he pleases)? My guess is that inspect will not
report a failure then because there's still the XML comment. I've not
actually found an example for such a problem but then again I haven't
looked that hard.

This problem, together with the broken license propagation of the doc
tools, seems to suggest that inspect would best also check the generated
HTML.

>> What am I missing?
>
> That the doc tools are broken with regards to propagating
> license+copyright. :-)

No, I got that, at least after your second answer. The doc tools need
some fixing too.

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.