From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-28 14:08:53

Actually this kind of approach has interested me for some time. I just
haven't found
the time to invest in it. In the context of wide character support, I
wanted to make the wide character librariy build and tests dependent upon
the existence of a
boost config macro BOOST_NO_WCHAR (or whatever it is). This would entail
making a small test program which fails if the required facility isn't
present and making the library builds and tests dependent on that.

Actually, I'd like to carry the idea even further and do something like make
a test for success with BOOST_STRONG_TYPEDEF and make the higher order tests
not even run if the lower order tests fail. Other situations would be
something like not even running test of serialization with say - variant,
unless all the variant test tests pass, etc.

Of course this would be if I had nothing else to do.

The whole issue here final tweaks in the testing setup so that serialization
passes for the latest borland compiler and msvc 7.1. Note that these tests
pass with V1 so the issue isn't with the serialization library itself, its
just that that is where some "corner cases" show up. I don't have a problem
with just just suppressing the tests in the test matrix and adding a note to
the 1.34 documenation that the library is known to work with the inclusion
of spirit 1.6x . I would hate to see a very small issue hold up a whole
release.

Robert Ramey