From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-13 16:37:11

Mariano Consoni wrote:
>> He'd need to apply to Boost.
>
> Thanks to the community for the interest in my proposal. Now I think it
> would be interesting for me to know what the community thinks about
> different ways of approaching my proposal. Surely Jeremy has a lot of
> information for that, and it would be good to review that with the
> community.

I'd suggest you carefully study the details of the state of the extension
library and make a detailed proposal. You could discuss this on the list,
privately with Jeremy, or however you'd like to handle it.

> I like the idea of helping to complete and improve Jeremy's work.. Is
> possible that Jeremy become a mentor? I think that a co-mentoring with
> someone from Boost could be very productive.

I'm afraid Jeremy cannot be a Boost mentor as we require the mentors to be a
Boost library author. That said, there would be nothing that stops Jeremy from
helping a student with technical issues, which he sounds willing to do -- he
just wouldn't be doing the evaluation of success or failure of the project.
In any case, I'm sure one of the Boost mentors would be able to help with this
library.

Jeff