From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-13 18:36:48

Jeff Garland said: (by the date of Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:37:11 -0700)

> I'm afraid Jeremy cannot be a Boost mentor as we require the mentors to be a
> Boost library author.

I want to suggest Robert Ramey as a mentor (if he agrees of course),
because boost::serialization already has some mechanisms for plugin
library in place.

From previous discussions, a first step in making a plugin library for
boost would be extracting the needed parts from the serialization
library.

For uninformed: it is pretty obvious that boost::serialization must
contain a class factory - how else would you instatinate classes from
data being deserialized? :)