From: David Deakins (ddeakins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-18 09:25:30

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Thanks for the patch! The patch looks good to me, but I have one
> question -- those tests used to pass before, at least for
> some msvc testers. Do you know what made them fail now? Was that
> a change in Jamfile (I don't remember making any), or bzlib/zlib
> has changed.
>
> "No idea" is fine for an answer, but if you know for sure, it
> would be even better ;-)

It is only when zlib or bzip2 are built from sources that this jamfile
issue shows up. If I remember correctly, I think that in the past the
Rudbek Associates test system was using already-built LIB or DLL files
for zlib and bzip2. I believe that when Victor resurrected the test
system a month or so ago, it got configured to built zlib and bzip2 from
sources instead. Then these new regressions started showing up. That's
my theory at least...

-Dave