From: alex prince (bio_stalker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-21 10:01:26

Hey !

    I hope it works this time. My message body wasn't sent last time and I
was told to close the HTML editor and so I did.

    Here's my original question: I think I have spotted a contradiction (or
at least a point that is not clear) in the SVG project.In the introduction,
the author points the need to "[evaluate] a function like sin over a range
and [get] a compact scalable graphic that can easily be added to documents"
however in the "goal" section, the author says:

    "Goal: To write C++ templated functions to allow data in C++ arrays and
STL containers, vector is an obvious one, to produce a file, for example, in
SVG format (XML)."

    The latter seems to be more like simply plotting points while the first
rather seems like plotting the function over a given range.

    I am really interested in this entry however I would like to have a
really good idea of what has to be done and how I will do it before even
sending my subscribtion for GSoC.

Thanks a lot to all ideas and suggestions !

Alexandre P-L.