From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-21 16:03:11

Younes M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently came across a suggestion for a Boost.Test frontend on the
> Google Summer of Code 2007 front page. As someone who uses Boost.Test
> a fair bit I think I would be very interested in persuing this. I have
> some early ideas about what I would like to see in a frontend, but
> would also love to get some ideas from others.

To me functionality similar to http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/
comes to mind. I don't know if this counts as *front-end* to Boost.Test
in this context, but I would give it a look.

Basically the CruiseControl software detect events such as commits in
the revision control system upon which build and test runs are
launched. After completion reports are generated and notifications are
given to subscribing developers. The connection to Boost.Test is in the
reporting and test launch part I guess. I guess signaling to multiple
build/test hosts could be part of it or a future extension. Various SCM
such as cvs, subversion, perforce, clear-case, sccs, rcs, etc. should be
supported by future plug-ins, for now a single plug-in for cvs,
subversion, or whatever will do :-)

It may be smart to consider splitting this into more than one project to
keep the scope creep out.

--
Bjørn